T0day, I was fortunate enough to get to speak to an audience regarding co-branding and business partnerships! To draw out core concepts, I asked the group the following questions and thought they might help you consider your essentials of partnering:
- In your personal life or in business, where have you accomplished more because you partnered with someone else?
- Who was/were your partner(s)
- How did you select them?
- What competencies did they bring to the table?
- What was their level of investment?
- What reward did you derive? Was the reward known/discussed going in?
These questions set a foundation for broader distinctions between those who are business partners in name only as opposed to those who integrate with our own business processes. While I will expand on these types of distinctions in future blogs, I would love to hear your answers to the above-referenced questions and the insights you gain from considering them.
I am grateful for those who have partnered with me through the years and as such offer you the following free preview of my Zappos Experience book.